How did AWG start?
What started with an enquiry, grew into a business.
Debra and Peter wanted to list one of their businesses in an online directory and were surprised by the additional fees some directories charged for a listing, including set up fee and no ongoing promotion etc.
So what do you do when you don’t like what is being offered…You start your own directory and do it your way.
Hence, Australia’s Wedding Guide was born in 2018, then after receiving wonderful reviews and feedback from clients and couples more followed:
- Wedding Suppliers NSW (in 2020)
- Wedding Suppliers QLD (in 2020)
- Wedding Suppliers SA (in 2019)
- Wedding Suppliers VIC (in 2020)
- Wedding Suppliers WA (in 2020)
In December 2020, AWG became a landing page which makes it easier for couples to find what they are looking for… just click on the state and everything is there for you.
In 2021 another new additional was a Multi Vendor Store, an online store front where suppliers can sell their products direct to future brides and once again no ridiculous pricing.
The store was on site in 2018 but being worked on in the back, just not enough time, so now in 2021 it is live and we hope you enjoy what the range of products.
The store can also be reached via each Wedding Suppliers state directory, so sellers are seen via a total of 6 online directories.
WHO IS BEHIND AWG & WEDDING SUPPLIERS?
Well you will find an extremely determined couple who have been workaholics for years and love what they do, both have an extensive background in business and have been and are involved in a wide range of businesses which include:
- Wedding related businesses (obviously)
- Property Management & Development
- Electronic Design, Manufacture & Development, focusing on medical and sports science electronics.
- Peter is the brains, creator, designer and manufacturer of high end sporting equipment which is used worldwide by organisations such as Cricket Australia, various UK Rugby and Soccer codes as well as the majority of Australian Football teams and USA sporting teams. Distributed worldwide and proudly Australian.
Both Debra and Peter love what they do and it shows. They have assisted a number of businesses to grow and improve within their given field …just because they can.
Being animal lovers, they adopted a retired greyhound in 2019 and Bazil is now a fixture at all staff meetings and gives great input along with cuddles.
Though based in the Clare Valley, they have a hobby for real estate and occasionally spend a night at another property, either overlooking the city or beach, (but even then they are working), …yes they need a life, they are never there long as they love the peace, quiet, serenity and anonymity they find in the Mid North of SA.
The one thing they want more than anything is to assist brides in creating the perfect wedding and assist suppliers with an affordable form of ongoing advertising.